exhaust?

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i have 05 f350 rc 6spd 4x4, i just made my own custom dual 4inch exhaust, magnaflo 4inch muffler, i took cat off and still have factory down pipe, is this going to effect my warranty? i have 28xxx on it, just woundering will it effect drive tran warrenty or 100xxx engine warranty? please help thanks, no probs with truck just checking thanks

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
nascar_fan28 said:
well i have 05 f350 rc 6spd 4x4, i just made my own custom dual 4inch exhaust, magnaflo 4inch muffler, i took cat off and still have factory down pipe, is this going to effect my warranty? i have 28xxx on it, just woundering will it effect drive tran warrenty or 100xxx engine warranty? please help thanks, no probs with truck just checking thanks

The only problem you may encounter is the cat removal. Some dealers don't mind, but you may have an exception. Aside from the cat, you should be fine. Exhaust systems are generally accepted by dealers.

Hope this helps.:dunno

Powersmokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
call your dealer and ask before the next time you go in and see what they would say if u did have it. that way if they say itll void your warranty put the old exhaust back on and no one is the wiser. but like said above most dont care.

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks guys, i did call, they dont care... atleast i had a muffler.. lol ive heard them with straight pipes... they tend to scare people

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A mod friendly dealer - cool !

But another viewpoint might be that the dealer really DOESN'T care....
UNTIL something breaks, then, since they don't warranty the truck, they call in Ford and Ford says BAD, BAD, owner - voided warranty :)

Now, can your exhaust really affect anything ? Probably not, but if Ford says no warranty what are we little guys to do other than throw out the major expense of attornies fees to fight it for YEARS :(

Just another viewpoint :)

Last edited:

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i have stock down pipe and big muffler.. i dont think this would hurt engine, maybe if i was running bigger down pipe , maybe overspinning turbo would be a worry but, if engine dies from this i would be disapointed, but i know what ur saying, and they seem to really care. if they did somthing like that too me.. id be heading towards dodge or gm,

Fine69

Reaction score
Sometimes it doesn't matter what the dealer says. If you have a major failure, the dealer will call Ford for warranty authorization. Ford will send a local engineer in to check your truck. Engineer will see no cat, then he'll say "No Warranty". I've seen it, my buddy owns the dealership I go to. Do yourself a favor, if you have a big problem, put your stock exhaust back on before you go in.

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would it matter if its custom exhuast with muffler and soot trap? or does it have to be stock.. i still have my full exhaust in once piece.. just dont feel like getting rid of the dual exhaust..it would just be a different by looks, imo

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
I keep hearing or reading "over spinning the turbo" and this is caused by a larger downpipe??? can someone explain how this phenomenon happens? say before the engine say lets loose from over speeding ? not to pick, its just i read it everywhere, like a one of those urban legends:dunno

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my friend knows alot about diesels... he said if u didnt have anything... like were running bigger downpipe.. and had like 5 inch straight pipe.. it might.. but not sure how this would happend.. he didnt tell me

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14