Exhaust

addicted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So besides the BFH (Big F.....Hammer) any other tools or hints for when I install my DP and exhaust this weekend. I've heard it takes some jiggling and a little hammering in some instances to get it to fit down there. Again I'm horrible at finding already published DIY articles on here so if there is already one let me know and I will save your typing energy...Thanks guys.

Also I don't have a lift or anything so just doing it in the garage. 3" DP to 4" Magnaflow.

94redbeauty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Def. get you a sawzall, cut the old downpipe off about 3-4 inches off the turbo and one more cut on the bottom and it should come right out, thats what I did.:)

addicted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK

12 Pak....I just finally emptied my fridge out tonight after a build up over the NEW YEAR...was hoping to keep it empty but I'll pick one up just in case I need it :sly

Liquid Wrench....Got that already...Good stuff.

I've got a Saws-all but I only have 6" Metal Cutting Blades. I might have to stop by the store on my Lunch tomorrow and pick up a longer blade or two.

Thanks for the heads up on Cutting it. I will go to town on that thing. I've seen pics of how smashed they are it will be interesting.

Not to hard to hang the actual exhuast is it?

AlaskaRedneK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chek this article out.

http://www.drivetrain.com/downpipeinstinstr.html

I found the 12" "Demolition" blades to be the BEST. I broke about 5 metal blades, but when I put in the demolition, it had no problem at all.

Just be really patient, and whack that firewall into place:sweet

Oh, and you shouldnt have a problem w/ hanging the exhaust.

Best of Luck, let us know how it goes! :thumbs
-Matt

Russ

Found On Russ' Drive
Reaction score
Becareful when cutting the down pipe. Watch where the blade is going besides the DP. It is tight quarters and other things may be damged by a misplaced blade tip. I cut the firewall lip about every 1/2 inch and the using a bar and hammer pounded the smaller section down flat. Hanging the exhaust is the easy part. Start with the DP then hang the tailpipe, then the straight pipe/muffler between the two. Use some sort of spray lube (WD40/ PB Blaser or such) on the rubber hangers. Makes getting them on and off ALOT easier. Good Luck.

addicted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang I got up at 7 today to get a start on this and git-er-done. But then I realized I forgot the darn 12" blade. The 6" is just not cutting it. Wife wanted me to go into town anyway with her this weekend so I'm off. Trade off for having her go skeet shooting with me, even though secretly she likes it but says it is a sacrifice to what she wants to do, HA. Will hopefully report in about 6 hours UGH if the wife doesn't keep me in town all day. The 45 min drive in and then back out is the worst dang part.

jsaga

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
WELL ARE YOU DONE

-popcorn DO YOU FEEL THE EXTRA HP ? HOW LOUD? WAITING LOL-popcorn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg