exhuast length question

jopes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seen a 04 come in today with the exhuast dumping just after the cab in the truck.

so my questions are, does doing this lower the EGT's more, and what about exhuast inside the cab?

pros

vs

cons

oi8228oi

another 99
Reaction score
OB NJ, land of traffic, stop lights, stop signs, a
i would have to imagine there would be exhaust getting inside the cab....
also im sure there would be carbon buildup all over the bottem you your truck...(look at the black buildup on trailers in the top front conners from stacks)
im sure you would have tons more interior noise.... but yes you would lower egts... because it would be less restrictive... persoanlly i would suggest if your gonna run the route of straight though exhaust runn it all the way and out to the back.... wont cost you to have noticable higher egts....

good luck

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesnt do anything really, maybe a small drop in EGT... but we are talking 25-30 degrees...

I have an electric exhaust cut out that does the same thing, I think the turbo spools a little quicker..

happeetxn

9/11 Never Forget
Reaction score
Mine ends just after the cab and we have no noticeable fumes in the cab. Now granted I am running B100 and don't have issues with the black smoke either. All I really know is that when you "get on it" :burnit it sounds COOOOL :thumbs
Craig

jopes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with buying the down pipe and some 4" pipe with a tip, I bet I could do a exhuast stupid cheap. :)

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
jopes said:
with buying the down pipe and some 4" pipe with a tip, I bet I could do a exhuast stupid cheap. :)
When I did mine, DP+pipe(5")+elbow+adapters+chrome tip and two hangers it ran me around $250.00. Mine is dumped in front of the rear wheel, my wheel keeps getting black though.:burnit

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14