Exide

Lynden-Jeff

Landscaper
Reaction score
Hi,

I think I need a couple new batteries for my 06 Diesel F250. Does anyone have experience with Exides? I can get a pretty good deal on 2 exide Subzero batteries. Any input would be great.

Thanks
Jeff

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that Motorcraft are made by Johnson Controls. They are the same peoplethat make batteries for Autozone. There are really only a few battery manufacturers around.

Last edited:

Lynden-Jeff

Landscaper
Reaction score
I think that Motorcraft are made by Johnson Controls. They are the same peoplethat make batteries for Autozone. There are really only a few battery manufacturers around.

That's what I've been told by a bunch of people, mainly just 3 big companies that make all the batteries, Exide, Johnson Controls and one other one I can't remember. It seems like 6 in 1 half a dozen the other really.

Thanks
Jeff

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why is your 06 needing batteries all ready. They should last longer than 2 or 3 years. The Motorcraft was designed for your truck and it's power needs.

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 06 burned through batteries at 30k and it appears that I might need them again at 65k. I do run them hard and do a lot of things to them liike leave the lights on with the engine off that batteries do not typically like. There are a lot of reasons that they might fail.

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I've been told by a bunch of people, mainly just 3 big companies that make all the batteries, Exide, Johnson Controls and one other one I can't remember. It seems like 6 in 1 half a dozen the other really.

Thanks
Jeff

It is East Penn MFG., or Deka Batteries. They make some batteries for Exide also. Keith

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14