Experience w/ Schaeffers oil

Fandini

Binford 6100 Owner
Reaction score
Trying to get some input on Schaeffers oil. Don't see to many running it however, I don't see any negative comments or results from people using it. I'm curious to see what kind of problems or lack of problems people running Schaeffers have had while using the oil. How many miles have you been running it and how many miles on your truck. You know that the 6.0 is very hard on oil and the injectors are very particular and don't like dirty oil or dirty/sludgy conditions. How about turbo or egr valve issues or even oil leaks. Just want to stir the pot:stir and see what comes up good and bad. So I'm opening up a big can of worms :watchout let's have it. Thanks:innocent

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
I've been running their full synthetic 5w-40 for a couple years now in both the beetle and the 6.0, oil samples always look good and I have no complaints ;)

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I have heard good things about Schaeffer's and know a guy that runs it. Only bad things I have heard is that it is hard to get in some places and the price may be a bit higher than other brands.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14