Explorer causing locking up

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
While surfing using internet explorer my computer will seem to lock up. I am unable to click on anything and loading a new page will take much longer than normal. My connection seems fine and I do not have this issue on my desktop. Any ideas or downloads to fix this?

Scott

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my answer for any explorer related problem is to not use it.

I use mozilla on any site possible. There are a few that I visit occasionally that require IE to render properly.

For realistic answers to make IE work correctly empty your cache & history files, temporary internet files, and all cookies. Yes this will require you to retype in your passwords on the sites that you have saved them for but they do need to be cleaned out periodically.

EmptyDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Virtual Memory??

Sagebel, another thing you might try is increasing your virtual memory. Lack of VM will also cause sluggishness:

-open the "Start" menu
-right-click on "My Computer" and select "Manage"
-right click on "Computer Management (Local)" in the top left corner and select "Properties"
-select the "Advanced" tab
-click on the "Settings" button in the "Performance" section
-go to the "Virtual memory" section and click the "Change" button
-look in the "Paging file size for selected drive" section and make sure that the radio button beside "Custom" is selected
-finally, change the number in the "Initial size (MB)" field to match the number in the "Maximum size (MB)" field
-click "OK" and reboot

WHEW! :dizzy Sounds like a lot but it's really easy. This should help, along with the suggestions that BJS had. Let us know if this speeds things up or if there were other issues. Happy [faster] surfing! ;tu

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg