extended crank after engine hot

4doorbu

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My buddies 04 6.0l has an extended crank problem after it warms up, i thought it was something on the high pressure oil system. he took it to a dealer and they replaced the fuel pump and egr valve, which didn't change a thing. now its back and they are telling him all 8 injectors are bad. i've never seen 8 go at once, does this sound right? is this something the dealer would have to do, i worked in a ford shop for 5 years but never touched a 6.0l. is there any way to narrow down what injectors are really bad? i looked it up online looks like it pays 6.2hrs to replace all 8 injectors?

Thanks,
Bill

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
HPOP is a good guess. Your buddy should be looking to the next nearest dealership and getting his money back for repairs that didn't fix his concern. Or, is he still under warranty? If so, I wouldn't mind spending $100. for all new injectors even if it didn't fix the concern. Hopefully he will find a more experienced tech.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
2nd the hpop
ford doctors site has a leak check to see
any good tech should have it down and can solve the mystery pretty quick

mine did it last year , got pretty darn impossible to get started

4doorbu

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thanks guys, thats what i've been telling him! well it appears he went ahead and had them replace the injectors anyway...needs the truck asap for work. its used for the company to tow the trailer for a pool company..

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
thanks guys, thats what i've been telling him! well it appears he went ahead and had them replace the injectors anyway...needs the truck asap for work. its used for the company to tow the trailer for a pool company..

It's all good if that fixes the problem. Let us know if new injectors ironed it out for him.;tu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14