Extreme 4X4

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Anyone catch Extreme 4X4 today? Gale Banks was on there helping them build a Duracrap 750 horse twin turbo beast. He said they were going to offer the twin turbo setup for the Duramax after the r&d is done on Extreme 4X4. Looks like a heck of a setup, too bad it goes in a Chevy..

He did reinforce my thoughts on smoke. He said smoke out the back is nothing but wasted power..

kenh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, smoke = partially burned fuel
When I start my "slightly worn" Mitsubishi 2cyl. diesel tractor, there is copius amounts of brown, gray, black smoke.

JIM_C

Turbo Lover
Reaction score
Crumm said:
He did reinforce my thoughts on smoke. He said smoke out the back is nothing but wasted power..

But if it goes in a ricer's windshield, or better yet in its open window, it's power well-wasted! :sweet :nutkick:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
I find the revealing good part about that 1/2 commerical is the girl.
in a weird way she is appealing:D i think its the hip huggers

remeber when hip huggeres looke d good:D
now days girls wear them tight hip huggers ... but the problem is the gut above them flopping over the belt line and the flat butt. what happened:eek:
plus here in north alabam some girls really should ... well... cover that thing up

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
I find the revealing good part about that 1/2 commerical is the girl.
in a weird way she is appealing:D i think its the hip huggers

remeber when hip huggeres looke d good:D
now days girls wear them tight hip huggers ... but the problem is the gut above them flopping over the belt line and the flat butt. what happened:eek:
plus here in north alabam some girls really should ... well... cover that thing up
It ain't just 'Bama. I have and always will say, hip hugging low-rises can be about the most sexy thing ever, ON THE RIGHT PERSON!

It doesn't even take a fat girl to cause flab with those things. If you are not skin-and-bones thin, they cause flab handles. There are some VERY nice looking ladies running around that I have seen just flat out ruin their figure with those things.

That said, Bank's confuses me with his decision to go with true "twin" turbos (ie, one on each bank, running each bank). All I have ever been shown or taught is that this doesn't help, because all you have done is effectively run two smaller turbos off 4-cylinders, which should net no increase in boost or air volume at all. Now a "tandem" turbo, with a big 'un feeding a little 'un, THAT makes power. Is this what was shown on the show? I know his Duramax has true twins, and it makes no sense...:dunno

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what I read on it is that they were going to be running their turbo options for the 7.3 on there which is going to create some serious turbo lag if they can even get them spooled up.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[thread hijack]

if the 7.3 comes back in 2010 I would expect it to be a 7.3 in displacement but share very little w/ the heui 7.3 or for that matter the IDI 7.3. That also leaves a very short scheduled life span for the Twin turbo engine that's appearing soon.

[/thread hijack]

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
yep thats what i thought to. but this guy is a friend so i gave hime the look and continued our test drive of the f650. vroomm vrooomm boy them are rough with no beds.:eek:
maybe her was thinking of a 7 liter cat

oh and what happened to the girl with the hips???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14