F-150 help

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
My girlfriends 05 kingranch with the 5.4 started to get a miss only in OD at slow speeds when you start to accelerate. If you acclerate fast it stops, doesnt do it at idle or free reving. hooked up the auto enginuity, said a couple cylinders were missfiring, number 8 more than others. Read that coilpacks are the most common problem so i replaced them all with new motorcraft. I still have a miss on 7 and 8. I dont know where to go from here and was hoping someone on here might have had some expirience with these.

Thanks
Neal

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You didn't say, but have you replaced the spark plugs yet, that is the first thing
I would of done on a gas motor.
Doug

Wiester

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just don't attempt it yourself or your gonna regret it. They don't come out easy or even in one piece in some cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about plug wires. I have heard not to do it yourself because they are bad
about coming apart. Hope you can find out soon, good luck with it. Try another
brand of plugs.
Doug

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
no plug wires they are COP, think im gunna take it to a local garage, i just dont know much bout theses gas engines, and woould hat to keep throwin money at it with new parts that arent the problem

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
If you haven't taken it in yet, check the EGR valve and make sure it's not stuck cracked open.

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
Just finally got the truck back today, he had a heck of a time with it turns out the plugs have actually never been changed so he did that. After his $20,000 scan tool found nothing, he had a friend of his at the local ford garage hook it up to a ford scan tool and nothing so then he looked at all the electrical, fuel, checked the valve train. just before he gave up he tried a different COP and turns out one of the brand new COP units i replaced was faulty.

I think Ill stick with my 'ol oil burner hahaha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58