F-250 2WD Front Rotors

hutchinaugusta

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well, I have an EARLY 99 model with 197,500 miles :burnit on my original front rotors and they have pretty bad "hot spots", who has the best rotors dollar for dollar to replace them? I don't know how long I am going to keep the truck so I am NOT interested in anything "high dollar", realistic :roflmao replies really appreciated.:thumbs :thumbs

police stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With my discount at the ford dealer I bought a set for my mom's 99 last week $94.00 for both as a set. So I'd hit up the ford parts house and see what they can do for you.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
hutchinaugusta said:
I don't know how long I am going to keep the truck
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm still on my original rotors and pads, but am starting to feel a little pulsing the 10 foot or so of braking. I'm sure they can be turned, but I have an interest in this also. -popcorn -popcorn -popcorn

police stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well on my truck I will be replaceing the rotors soon I've got 93,000mi and when you come to a complete stop the steering wheel shimmies left to right back and forth till you stop (Warpage). So Budro when you need to replace yours call and I'll pick up a set under my discount for you. I figured it's almost cheaper to just replace them other than fighting with some kid at the auto store who's learning how to turn your rotors for the first time. Some people can screw them up even more. -popcorn

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hutchinaugusta said:
I don't know how long I am going to keep the truck so I am NOT interested in anything "high dollar", realistic :roflmao replies really appreciated.:thumbs :thumbs

Try cutting a hole in the driver's side floor and then put some REALLY thick soles on your shoes. Stopping Flintstone-style might not appeal to most folks, but it's probably cheaper than Hawk pads/Powerslot rotor option...

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
whatabudro said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm still on my original rotors and pads, but am starting to feel a little pulsing the 10 foot or so of braking. I'm sure they can be turned, but I have an interest in this also. -popcorn -popcorn -popcorn

I might be all wet here anytime mine start vibrating in the past 6yrs I rotated tires and retorqued nuts. Problem went away.......:dunno

Tbar

PublicNuisance

Catch & Release
Reaction score
Say it aint so Hutch. You thinking about selling the 1999 research subject? We've all learned alot from that truck. Who ever gets it will have a nice truck.

www.truckpulls.com

SUPPORTING VENDOR
Reaction score
Powerslot has the FRONT rotors - 8585 PSL & 8585 PSR for the 2wd F-250 trucks, and the REAR rotors - 8571 PSL & 8571 PSR.

Front pads would be Hawk SUPERDUTY HB302P700 pads.

For application listing- http://www.powerslot.com/pages/slot_app_ford.html

For information on them- http://www.powerslot.com/pages/power_slot.html

Check out http://www.discountpowerparts.com for pricing. They are new site sponsors here, so you would be supporting a site vendor.

I am half of the DiscountPowerParts team, we are Patrick and Larry...I am Larry. We have sold a number of powerslot rotors as well as the Hawk pads and never had a complaint. They are good products at very fair prices with a reputation that goes back a number of years.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58