F-350 vs F-650 Seats

rdytow

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have measured the seat bolt mounts on the F-350/450, and they are the same dimensions as the seat mount bolts on my F-650. However, I am being told by the parts guys at Ford, that they are completely different. Does anyone have any real world experience on whether the seats from the 350/450's will bolt right into the F-650? Hopefully I can get a quick answer, I need to replace my F-650 front seats.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have measured the seat bolt mounts on the F-350/450, and they are the same dimensions as the seat mount bolts on my F-650. However, I am being told by the parts guys at Ford, that they are completely different. Does anyone have any real world experience on whether the seats from the 350/450's will bolt right into the F-650? Hopefully I can get a quick answer, I need to replace my F-650 front seats.

What year to what year ??

Wish I could give an Absolute. Been several years. but IIRC... the floor pan bolt pattern is the same, but the seat frame configuration isn't.. the 350/450 seat(s) weren't level.. Front to Back, Left to Right.

The [Leg Height], so to speak ?

Tried it from a wrecked 98 350.. to a 2K 650, but maybe your Year to Year may be Different ?

Try one, if you can ?

rdytow

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I did not clarify that. My F-650 is a 2000. Looking at seats from an 04 F-250SD. I am only concerned with the seats, I know the seat belts mount slightly differently,but, they will work.
Thanks again for the help.

rdytow

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: I installed the seats, and center flip up seat/console, out of an F-450. It was a perfect fit. The replacement seats bolt down to the factory holes in my floor. I did use my old inboard seat belts, and had to run power as the replacement seats are both power. They look damn good, and are a real close match to the F-650's gray interior. They look much nicer than the old manual air ride seat, and are much much much more comfortable.

rdytow

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
02SilverStroke, Since my seats already had the motors and everything, all I had to do was run a power, and ground wire to my seats harness. As far as converting the manual seats to power, I am not sure how to do that. My first thoughts, are you need the seat brackets, with the motors, and the seat switches. Since the switches are in the seat, you would also need to either cut your trim piece for the switches, or replace them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14