f150 to f250!....hopefully

atvrider93

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys!
I currently have a 2000 f150 4x4 w/5.4L, I like it but just not enough room, big enough bed, or mileage. I live in NC, I ride ATVs, I've been restoring a sandrail, I recently had a 6x6. Into all kinds of stuff. I just found a truck that I really like the look of at least. love everything about it except thats its a 93 so no turbo. otherwise its a 7.3L, long bed, reg cab(ideal would be extended) and 3" lift with 35s. its manual and 4x4 also. I'm wondering if it would be a good truck for me to get or to keep looking for '94+ with the turbo. I guess I'll make a thread with this question....

Jimmy Tanner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd wait and get exactly what I wanted. Otherwise, you ain't gonna be happy and will end up spending a lot mo money in the long run.

Just an ole grey hair's perspective!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
:SDD atvrider93. I had a 93 and it was a dog. It ran very well and did all of the things I wanted, except haul a loaded trailer. Towing my jeep was an all day affair. It was nice once I got up to speed, but getting up to speed took hours. Get a turbo 7.3 or you will regret it very much.

Dave

atvrider93

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ok, thats what I'm thinking. it has less power than my current truck which isnt at all what I want

6.0PSD777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SDD.com!!! My uncle years back used to plow for the town with a 93 7.3 non turbo and said it wasn't fast but did push snow real good. He refers to it as the 7.3 No-Powerstroke :D

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58