F250 down!

Blue01F250

Boomer Sooner!
Reaction score
Hey bud! If there is anything I can do to help, just lemme know - I'm in Ponca City, OK - not even an hour away!

F250SD6.0

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey Blue. Thanks for the offer. I've flown into your airport for dinner at your mexican restuarant several times. Here is an update:

I've replaced both batteries since one of them were bad and the other was questionable. Still engine still hesitated and was reluctant to drive just 3 or 4 miles from the house. It would run fine and then all of a sudden, would run like it was on 7 cylinders and then it would return to normal. So I decided to continue to change the fuel filters.

After I changed the fuel filters, it started and idled for about a minute or two before it started to run rough and then stalled. Refusing to start. What else should I check or try before I call the dealership to have the truck picked up to be serviced under the 100k warranty. FYI, I'm currently at 56k miles. So I would doubt the fuel pump would give out under 100k. Appreciate any wisdom. Cheers, Mike:dunno

Update:
Took her into the dealership and will update as to what they find. Hopefully not my wallet!

Last edited:

F250SD6.0

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Update:
Back from the dealership, and it looks like the FICM went out causing me all this trouble. Hopefully the HPOP doesn't rear its ugly head. If it does, better be before the 100k warranty expires. Thanks for everyone's help!:clap:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14