F250 prerunner - is it a good idea?

SuperdutyDan

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I keep seeing modified desert trucks here and there, and start to like them. I am not found of super wide fenders, and caged bed, but some bits of prerunner styling look very attrctive to me.Found this post about
thos ford f250 prerunner and it makes me want to have something like this. Any other fans of desert truck styling here on the forum?

01yellerCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they're cool. My buddy used to have a Ranger that was prerunner style. But to me that's something you do if you actually take it out you the desert. Not just to cruise around with.

The other thing is in my experience the prerunner suspension is fairly soft. So it would severely limit towing ability. Or completely eliminate it depending on the suspension set up. The Raptor is a perfect example of this. When I was looking at F150's I wanted a Raptor pretty bad. The standard F150 tow rating was around 9600lbs. The Raptor was something like 8000lbs because of the suspension.

Last edited:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
well.. uh.. If I had that kind of money to drop on a toy.. but can it haul a 17' three horse slant load with living quarters and a rear tack?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58