f250-Worst-Made Cars On The Road ?????

dpantazis

Reaction score
you should read the story behind it....

Worst-Made Cars On The Road - Forbes.com

"The F-250 Lariat earned both the "worst value" and "worst safety performance" distinctions from Consumer Reports this year. It received an overall score of just 37 out of 100 points for predicted reliability, fuel economy, depreciation, ride, owner costs, accident avoidance, front-seat comfort, acceleration and owner satisfaction. "

the automakers had a chance to reply to the article-

Worst-Made Cars On The Road: Responses - Forbes.com
"From Brian Rathsburg, Super Duty marketing manager, Ford Motor:

We appreciate the opportunity to respond. F-250 is part of our Super Duty lineup--that is our heavy-duty F-Series truck--and that is probably the most complicated vehicle line in the entire Ford Motor Company.

The theme that we are seeing with Super Duty in general and F-250 specifically is that we are seeing very marked improvement in terms of durability and reliability over the last couple of years. We always start with the customer point of view, and they vote with their purchase decision and with their pocket book. We've been the best-selling truck for 33 straight years, and Super Duty's a big part of that. If our sales position and our market position continues to dominate the segment, and if reliability and durability are at the forefront of the customer's mind, that tells us that at least in the near term, the last couple of years, the track record we see of reliability improvement is certainly ringing true with the customer as well, otherwise they wouldn't be buying our truck. "

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
All of the Ford Customers seem to say other wise. How can you have the best selling vehicle in the US and get called out on the carpet?

Dave :dunno

xtrahappy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well there are good and bad ones in ever batch.. No matter what emblem on the grill.. I drove Chevy`s for most part, But I think this 2000 f-350, 7.3 with 6sd. Is gona change my mind. Had it for 3 years now, and love it.

6.0PSD777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna raise the Bull**** flag on that article - Best selling truck for 33 years, must be doing something right - Long live the Superduty :notworthy

dpantazis

Reaction score
I'm gonna raise the Bull**** flag on that article - Best selling truck for 33 years, must be doing something right - Long live the Superduty :notworthy

the F-150 is the best selling truck, not the SD.

the forbes article is a 6th grade research paper at best. if you read it, then you will see that the 'data' used for the article was generated by a 3rd party. the article is junk. the rebuttal is a joke too.

this one is more factual and concerning ...

The Best-Selling Cars and Trucks in the U.S. - BusinessWeek

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That kind of crap ranks right up there with the JD POWER ( and others) car of the year. No one remember back when they actually ADMITTED that they based their opinions on who paid them the most $$? Guess people forget little ( IMPORTANT ) things like that.

That's why I hate the general public.......people one on one are ok....but en masse they are morons.

bears4x4

grease monkey
Reaction score
not that i agreed with them, just thought i would share what i saw on yahoo when i got on earlier today.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg