F350 pulls Peterbilt to freedom

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
So it's about 4:00pm yesterday and my driver calls me and the first words out of his mouth is, "Stephen, I'm stuck"

So my first thought is immediately, he has the trailer hung up on the highway somewhere, which is in Huntsville, AL. He was making a turn off the street after loading a car and had to turn into a parking lot to get out.

Our truck is a low fifth-wheel and it got hung up in the low area while the front of the truck was in the high area of the parking lot (just visualize if you will, hard for me to describe) I tried to take pictures, but my camera's batteries died on me.

He told me to bring my F350 and a big chain to come pull him out. I told him he was gonna have to get a wrecker, wasn't anyway my truck could pull him outta that. He said, how much will a wrecker cost? I told him about 200.00 to 400.00. He told me he wasn't paying for something like that.

So I drive to Huntsville with the biggest chain I could find in our shop and hammer down.

I get there and just start shakin' my head in disbelief. His first mistake was loading where some salesman who works on commission and don't know a thing about car carriers told him to park.

I told him ain't know way my truck is gonna pull you free, but we hooked it up and tried anyways.

We get the big chain all hookedup, take out the slack, put it in 4HI and away we go.

As I give the pedal, the turbo starts to make it's sweet sound. The F350 starts to get tight (you can feel it) and then just when I think all 4 tires are gonna start burning rubber, the 65k to 70k Peterbilt with 6 cars on it starts to move forward.

I have heard of 1 ton trucks pulling a dead semi to a truck stop, but never one that was grounded into the asphalt and in a bind.

I will never doubt my truck's abilities again.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Good Story. I pulled a Semi out of the mud with my old diesel pick up. I was totally amazed! These trucks will do some pulling.

Dave

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Very kool Bama............. :sweet

Tbar

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
:clap::clap:

sounds like you made a ford commercial

which dealer? woody anderson? or one of them nuts up on 72 (university)

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good go'in Bama..... :clap:Wished you had a video of that one.:sweet

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;tu Right On Bama

I once pulled the Visiting Teams bus off of a High Center situation here at our High School.. these trucks Do have some Grunt.. fer shur.

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very impressive Stephen. Glad to see that the SD saved you some money.:clap:
Now you (or maybe your driver) needs to treat her to a nice bath and wax!:sweet
also shame on you for doubting your trucks amazing abilities! ;);)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14