f450 ?

CraigR

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just bought F450 today. Love this truck bought for looks more than pulling I got it with the 4.30 rear ends just out of curiosity could the gears be change to 3.73 for more highway use. That is what my 06 250 had and got pretty good mileage with it. Also had superchip in the 06 what is a good program to put in the 6.4L?

Thanks,
Craig

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome CraigR, glad you found us.
Man I know where Raceland is. I used
to go to Houma then up to New Orleans, then back to Dallas.
Post some pictures of your new truck when you can.:sweet

:SDD2

Taylor_Mish

Taylor_Mish
Reaction score
Welcome CraigR. Hope this will help...
Our 450 has 4.88's and I have been trying to do the same thing as you. As far as I have heard the front is no problem going to 4.10's or even 3.73, however I have been told by many gear companies that Ford is really the only one with gears for the Dana 135 (rear) and the lowest that they offer is your 4.30... I have looked into a gearvendors overdrive however this is $3k to $4k (might as well buy fuel until someone comes out with gears...).

AS far as tuners go, a bunch of are happy with our DPF delete kits and many will soon be benefiting from them. http://www.superdutydiesel.com/foru...mance/16305-i-did-sounds-like-real-truck.html -This is what we did to our truck.

Keep us posted!

VALKYRIES

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ring gears

I thought that the had S-110 in them? If so they go up as far as 2.09's if this is so I will be going for the 3.53's That would put the rpm in the 1750 range. :thumbs:

Seapig53

Rolling in the hills
Reaction score
Welcome CraigR to this really good forum and the land of "big boy rigs":sweet
Like Taylor, I found that it really looks like the market is locked down right now by FORD as far as rear ends are concerned for our rigs.
I to am looking forward to someone coming out with aftermarket gears since Ford wants an arm and a leg for the one's we need to run
~Mike~

Last edited:

PSD POWER007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope something comes out sooner than later. I have the 4.30's. 4.10's wouldn't be worth the swap IMO. I'd like to see something right in the middle of 3.73's and 4.10's.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58