F6 DP tuner no start

jeeps and fords

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I know this is already posted but hard to find the one i need so here it is. I installed the F6 tuner and my check engine light stayed on and didnt start. I Unplugged the batteries reseting it alowing it to start then i changed the chip to one of the settings then the truck died. I reset the batteries and couldnt get it to start again. I removed and played with the chip cleaning the connection several times of which never worked. The PCM is still functional as i took out the chip and it started right up.

JRJ04

Reaction score
be sure that the wire going from the back of the chip to the controller is not pinched/torn etc. The tuner is set up so that if its unplugged from the controller, the truck will go into no start mode. Sounds to me like the connection between the chip and controller is bad, or the controller itself is bad

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dumb question time? You sure that chip is burned for YOUR PCM code? Just a thought.

I would pop an email off to Jody or Diane or James @ DP Tuner. They WILL get right back to you on this.

jeeps and fords

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I sent them an email with no response so as far as I know it is i guess i could hook it up to my computer and see i'll get back to ya. As to pinched or torn wires I cut the plastic housing and it doesn't have much of any stress on it.

jeeps and fords

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just plugged in my chip and it doesn' show any tunes on the device this would mean it's blank right? I hope that they're open in the morning so i can get this thing figured out.

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok one more dumb question. You DID NOT have the key in the ignition did you? ANYTIME you messed with this chip?

If these chips have ANY way of getting power during install ( no matter how dumb it sounds ) they can get messed up.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
cool.. now you need to change your signature to, "... and a DP tuner that ROXX!"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14