Facebook? Myspace?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I have tried doing alittle free publicity for my company on facebook. Who nows, it may draw some leads one day.

I even started a "Fans of Bama Auto Movers" on facebook. Hopefully my friends will remember be if someone needs a car hauled somewhere.

dpantazis

Reaction score
FWIW -i think that each has its place.

i am with Crumm on twitter. its a neat, FREE way to let those who you WANT to know what is going on. its all about restricting access. there are times when you want to be able to let your loved ones know you are alive and ok, but don't >really< want to talk to them.

texting has its place- don;t discount it because you imagine a 13yo girl giggling away while she does it.

dp
a FB friend of Bama Auto Movers!

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
facebook... all the way... simple and sweet. i don't add any applications.. i just check and change status's and email people... good way to keep in touch with all my former baseball teammates all over the country...

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have found that facebook is a great way to connect with old friends that you have lost contact with. I have found friends I haven't seen since high school or since my first duty station in the Army. Again it is all about restricting outsiders access. Mine is restricted to only my friends.
As far as test messaging even the Army is doing it now. Instead of using up valuable bandwidth on TACSAT or clogging up the FM channels, we send text messages via our Blue Force Trackers for resupply or changes in status during combat ops. saves the FM and TACSAT for the serious stuff like troops in contact.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Mike has "known" me for many years here and from elsewhere. He knows how ignorant I was in the beginning and I think he also knows how far I've come.

Ignorant? That's being a bit harsh on yourself dont you think Richard? I agree on the knowing each other for years though, probably a good 7+ years or so now.

I really dont have the time to try to keep up with all the social networking sites that are out there now. I prefer to do my networking here at SDD or over at OB where I have known some great guys and gals over the last number of years:clap:. I hang out at one private MC site where there is a small group of riders that are from all over the country and we have all met and or ridden with one another over the years. As I mentioned I do have a myspace account and a FB account but almost never go to myspace at all anymore. I got tired of the friend collectors mostly:rant. I did reconnect with some high school friends at FB but to be honest, after you have made that initial contact and then one or two notes back and forth what is really left to talk about with a person you haven't seen in 20 or 30 years?:dunno There is absolutely nothing in common anymore and it gets lame trying to act like I am interested in someone elses miserable life in short order.:rolleyes: But my SDD and OB friends rock!;tu

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
to be honest, after you have made that initial contact and then one or two notes back and forth what is really left to talk about with a person you haven't seen in 20 or 30 years?:dunno

Very true. People change from the way you remember them.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been on FB for about a 6 weeks now and still not that impressed with it.
Bama, has @@@ friends, I haven't got that many ken-folks and friends.

LOL

Last edited:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I notice I use my FB to comm with relatives and friends in the area...
But I always hang out here first for a while after checking my email...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14