Factory Fog Lights

Crusin350

D Dub
Reaction score
I love the look of the factory fog lights on SD's. A friend of mine works at a body shop and got me a good deal on a pair of lights and all the mounting brackets. I want to install as close to factory as possible and looking for tips. My headlight switch pulls out just like the switches with fog lights, and my friend swears that the harness is already there. If thats the case installing should be simple. If anybody has any suggestions please let me know.

thanks

TurboTy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm doing the same install myself, picked up a pair of foglights from ford, along with the new lower plastic cover for the front bumper to clean the front of the truck up, damn scratches and white spots!! lol..anyways, i too thought the harness would be there, but i dont think it is, i pulled my headlight switch out like the new ones do, but it was very very tight and once the whole assembly pulled out with it, lol....i was personally just gonna get a nice toggle switch, like the factory lookin ones they sell in parts stores, or even a moroso type from summit and relay them and suck power off keyed ignition so i wont leave em on by accident, at least with the switch you can run em with only the parking lights, i always liked the way that looked, hehe...:D

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, no harness, and no cool headlight switch on your trucks.

You may be able to upgrade to a NEWER headlight switch with the fogs that actually work, but your current switch is not "fogable".

I have a mid-2000 just before they started putting the foglights on. My headlight switch pulls out, but there is no internal electrical connection happening, only a physical click. Just so you can get at the knob release hole.

No wiring either.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you could just get an aftermarket lite hookup and use that...
personally, IMHO, the stock fogs under perform and are over priced... aftermarkets like PIAA's will serve better as either true fog lites or driving lites...

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HELLA MICRO FF's are VERY popular replacement for the stockers. Almost the same size, and WAY better light output.

BigRedJeep

Mind if I Smoke
Reaction score
over christmas i put the factory foglights on my 2000 f250 from ford. they were a christmas present, so i went ahead and put them on. they came with the wire harness that was sapose to hook right up but i had a little trouble with it so i ran my own power wires threw the firewall, and they work with the parking lights and the brights :thumbs it also came with a lighted switch so i can turn them on and off.
i am happy with how bright they are, concidering that i used bigger wire than what it came with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl