Question fan housing / hvac system case

superdutydiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just bought a 94 idi F350 with a damaged heater case. It looks like the previous owner blew a tire and destroyed everything above it. I can stick my fingers in and feel the fan cage. I need to replace this case but I'm not sure how it comes off, from under the hood or from inside the cab. Does anyone have photos of this removal process. I tried alldata but couldn't find what I need.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The service DVD I have is for a 2004 F350 so I am not going to get this perfect. The housing comes off from the front side of the firewall. You will have to start at the front end of that mess on the housing and work your way back to the housing. It should unbolt from the firewall. Remove the heater hoses and tie them up above the bottom level of the windshield. Good luck, but is is not that tough.

And :SDD

Dave :)

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a thought ? If the housing isn't completely Trashed.. could it be Patched ?

I've used aluminum foil duct-work tape, to seal up cracks and holes in various plastic and metal housings and ducting.. thru the years...... comes in various thicknesses and widths..:dunno

You can find it in the Ducting sections at Lowes, Home Depot and the like.. Might wana take a look ? See whatcha think ??

Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14