fan removal tools

Tripp16

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the size of the openings on the fan removal tools? I think the nut is 1-7/8" but have no idea what the size of the opening is on the wrench that spans the four pulley bolts. I see no reason to spend $40.00 or more dollars for something I can make myself.

Noticed water pump dribbling last night while I was out of town, so parked truck. I am trying to avoid having to make a trip to take measurements to fabricate the above mentioned tools.

Thank You,

Tripp16

RazzyB

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Tripp16 said:
Does anyone know the size of the openings on the fan removal tools? I think the nut is 1-7/8" but have no idea what the size of the opening is on the wrench that spans the four pulley bolts. I see no reason to spend $40.00 or more dollars for something I can make myself.

Noticed water pump dribbling last night while I was out of town, so parked truck. I am trying to avoid having to make a trip to take measurements to fabricate the above mentioned tools.

Thank You,

Tripp16

the nut is 1 7/8, don't know the bolt spacing... I bought the universal holder wrench, sorry.

Tripp16

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Brian, Thank You for confirming the size of the nut. According to Google seems like the holder wrench opening is 3-1/4"

RazzyB

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Tripp16 said:
Brian, Thank You for confirming the size of the nut. According to Google seems like the holder wrench opening is 3-1/4"

Dunno...but if you are not in an emergency situation I would be happy to loan you my two tools for the procedure...all I would ask is a Paypal deposit and for you to pay shipping both ways...still way cheaper than buying 'em yourselves...

the same offer goes to any friendly site member.

Tripp16

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Brian, Thank you very much for the kind offer. I borrowed a thin 1-7/8" pump wrench and will make the one thats used to hold the pulley friday or saturday when I have time to run into town to pick up the parts and work on the truck.

Sure is nice to see people willing to help others in this day and age.

Thanks Again,
Tripp16

RazzyB

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Tripp16 said:
Brian, Thank you very much for the kind offer. I borrowed a thin 1-7/8" pump wrench and will make the one thats used to hold the pulley friday or saturday when I have time to run into town to pick up the parts and work on the truck.

Sure is nice to see people willing to help others in this day and age.

Thanks Again,
Tripp16

anytime, Tripp16. Oh, and don't forget to get the proper torque specs for the waterpump bolts...very long story, but this will be my words of wisdom from now until all time for those willing to attempt waterpump replacement :D

good luck!

RazzyB

Mad Scientist
Reaction score

probear

Whoresetmytitle?
Reaction score
Initially, mine slipped too, so I cleaned the pulley just to make sure all the oil/grease/dirt was gone. I also cleaned the strap....

Oh, then I remembered that the large clutch assembly has a right-hand thread and must be turned counter-clockwise to remove. :doh:

RazzyB

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
probear said:
Oh, then I remembered that the large clutch assembly has a right-hand thread and must be turned counter-clockwise to remove. :doh:

:roflmao it's amazing how well that whole mess comes apart when all the ducks are in a row! :D :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58