Fan wiring idea

orion_134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to wire a single Taurus fan on my SD using a thermostatic relay and an AC relay. Simple enough, but I am wanting the thermostatic relay to be based on tranny temp. Here's my thinking...
Moving >30
the only reason the fan would need to be on while moving is because I'm towing and need the trans temp down or if I have the AC on (which is why I have the AC relay)
Stopped<30
AC is on (AC relay again)
Stop-n-go (trans temp increases, clicks on fan)
it's hot...I'll have the AC on..you see where this is going.
So, fan on when trans temp reaches 150*, fan on when AC is activated, fan off any other time...anyone see any flaws?
Looks like this one has electronic sending unit and AC switch
Derale Deluxe Adjustable Controllers with Pipe Threaded Probes: DER-16749 - summitracing.com 39.95
I am trying to stay away from the radiator probe ones because the only way I think this will be accurate is if it is submerged in tranny fluid and I don't think I can tuck this up into a hose and have a worm clamp seal around the wire...unless someone knows something different...then I would use this controller than includes a beefy enough relay and the AC relay all in one.
Flex-a-lite Variable Speed Controllers: FLX-33054 - summitracing.com Unfortunately this one conflicts, it says in one place 155 turn on and 180 in another...
What do y'all think,
Jesse

Last edited:

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with triggering the fan via transmission temp but I would also want a engine temp trigger too. I can't think a reason that you could not have both.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14