Favorite Car/Truck Movie/TV show

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
just wondering what some of ya'lls favorite movies or tv shows would be about cars or trucks.

Here are a few of my favorite.

1.dukes of hazzard (the general lee)
2.smokey and the bandit (black trans am/snowman's k-dub)
3.blue mule (blue mack)
4.knight rider (trans am KITT)
5.all the mad max movies (wild hot rods/mack truck tanker)
6.convoy (black mack tanker "the rubber duck")
7.BJ and the Bear (awesome KW areodyne)
8.gone in 60 seconds (eleanor shelby mustang)
9.Duel (dennis weaver duels it out with a peterbilt tanker)
10.the wraith (charlie sheen in futuristic car)
11.blue thunder (helicopter movie/tv show)
12.there was one with a 1970 dodge charger that was white, can't remember the name though.

ya'll name some more:thumbs

Last edited:

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
You forgot a few good ones

Great Escape (motorcycle scene)
Le Mans
Two Lane Blacktop
Corvette Summer
Winning- Paul Newman
grease
Six pack
Days of Thunder

Last edited:

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All time Favorite: Smokey and the Bandit :sweet

Other notable not listed:

Bullit
Starsky and Hutch
Resque 91
AirWolf
Cannonball Run
Gumball Rally

Barrett

Last edited:

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
whatabudro said:
You forgot a few good ones

Great Escape (motorcycle scene)
Le Mans
Two Lane Blacktop
Corvette Summer
Winning- Paul Newman
grease

well, i knew i would miss a few, but how can you say GREASE, i can't stand that movie. cars movies should not be MUSICALS.

sorry budro!!!

Reaction score
My top 5:

1. Smokey and the Bandit
  2. Smokey and the Bandit
  3. Smokey and the Bandit
  4. Smokey and the Bandit
  5. Smokey and the Bandit
:thumbs

Honorable mention for Ronin....good car-chase scene!:sweet

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
Can't believe it took until the 3rd reply to mention BULLIT!!!

Nomination for the best stunt driver in the world:

- Whoever drove the Pontiac in Smokey and the Bandit. AMAZING driving feats

Nomination(s) for the best down and dirty, feet-planted, whale-it-out car chase:

- Ronin (Go see it before you judge, I know it isn't big, V-8 american muscle cars, but those guys drive those cars LITERALLY like they stole them... Turns out they most likely DID!!!)
- Bullit (Man, did they ever burn some serious rubber in that one...)
- Gone in 60 seconds, right up to the point where he jumped the shelby using a roll-back with the bed extended... :rolleyes:

Best movie for a Semi Truck (nominations)

- Smokey and the bandit II, where they get the whole mess of cop cars and semi trucks out on some flat desert and have a DEMOLITION DERBY between prowlers and big rigs

- Can't remember what the movie is called, but it is the one with the wimpy whiner guy in the red dodge duster/valiant/whatever the heck it is running from this terrifying old tanker truck that's rusted out and "turned up", the driver of which has decided that trucking is not fun enough and has decided to be a homicidal maniac instead... Damn fine movie... except, after all the whining, I almost root for the trucker by the end of the show... :thumbs Great scene at the end as they run the truck off of a cliff/embankment and it crushes and mashes itself into oblivion. Unlike many of the movies at the time, this scene was not shot using models and scale wizardry. They really drove the truck off of the cliff, cameras rolling (and ON BOARD, too!)

Oh, BTW, anybody that mentions the Fast and the Furious will be summarily verbally executed.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Hoss 350 said:
- Can't remember what the movie is called, but it is the one with the wimpy whiner guy in the red dodge duster/valiant/whatever the heck it is running from this terrifying old tanker truck that's rusted out and "turned up", the driver of which has decided that trucking is not fun enough and has decided to be a homicidal maniac instead... Damn fine movie... except, after all the whining, I almost root for the trucker by the end of the show... :thumbs Great scene at the end as they run the truck off of a cliff/embankment and it crushes and mashes itself into oblivion. Unlike many of the movies at the time, this scene was not shot using models and scale wizardry. They really drove the truck off of the cliff, cameras rolling (and ON BOARD, too!)

Oh, BTW, anybody that mentions the Fast and the Furious will be summarily verbally executed.

that movie was DUEL, starring dennis wagner, i mentioned it in the start of the thread.

sorry about forgetting BULLIT, it is a good scene. i have never seen ronin, i will have to check it out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58