Feeling down on power.

Tman123

That One Guy
Reaction score
I've been noticing a change in power on my truck.... Shes getting harder to start in the mornings... (almost to the point where I need to have her plugged in when its only 50 F outside.) And shes not as peppy as she used to be. I have had the oil changed only 3 months ago and I have only gone 2k miles since then. Any ideas to what it could be? Shes got 217k Miles on her and all the way up to March of this year she had a Virgin Engine. (I had to have a UVC Harness replaced on Pass Side) She's got me kinda worried.

Travis

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Also try the EBPV pipe and sensor. Mine was rusted in two and caused crappy fuel mileage. You will help your truck out if you put a turbo back 4" exhaust and the DIY intake on it.

commanderjjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's none of the above, might be weak injector(s). I've been all through mine and have came to the conclusion that has to be the problem. Got some new ones on the way from Swamp's and will be installing this weekend. If that's not it, I'm gonna be UPSET:rant.......but at least I'll have a nice upgrade when I finally do figure out the problem.:cool:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Your cheapest bet is to get a scanner. No more throwing parts at your truck without knowing what is going on. I have an Autoenginuity scanner that runs on a Windows laptop.

Dave

commanderjjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your cheapest bet is to get a scanner. No more throwing parts at your truck without knowing what is going on. I have an Autoenginuity scanner that runs on a Windows laptop.

Dave
Yeah, but will that show that weak injectors are the problem? I've had it scanned by two different guys (both are very knowledgeable on Powerstrokes) and there are no codes or errors coming up. Fuel pressure is good, HPOP is good, so........:dunno

I've got the injectors in and just got my re-tuned 6pos chip back today, so I'll be firing it up in about 5 hours from now.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking the Batts. maybe going bad. Have you had them tested lately? If not I would start there. Test them by them self.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking the Batts. maybe going bad. Have you had them tested lately? If not I would start there. Test them by them self.

X2, My 7.3 got sickly once. New Batts fixed it.

It's been said many times before here but.. these PCM/ECM's are VERY fickle about proper Voltage & Amps (???).

Joe

commanderjjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's none of the above, might be weak injector(s). I've been all through mine and have came to the conclusion that has to be the problem. Got some new ones on the way from Swamp's and will be installing this weekend. If that's not it, I'm gonna be UPSET:rant.......but at least I'll have a nice upgrade when I finally do figure out the problem.:cool:
Just an update...........I fired her up last night and she's running AWESOME. Not only have I gotten back the power that I've gradually lost and not noticed, but now have more than it EVER did with just the chip. Quite a noticeable difference. Kudo's to the guys at Swamp's that helped me out and wrote my customs tunes.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Will get even better when you work the air out of the system.........:sweet

Tbar

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58