FICM code

06Crewcab

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I've got the code P0611 on my truck which says Fuel Injector Controller Moduel Performance as a note, i just recently put a EGR cooler delete in and had a SCT tuner put on. The truck seems to run fine but when i put my foot down it stops boosting at 20-21 psi, i use to get up to 25-28 when the truck was completely stock. Is this my FICM crappin out?

majek5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is your FICM voltage? Less than 48V means time for repair or replacement soon.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The FICM will NOT limit your boost. This maybe another problem. Hard starting is a common FICM problem, just before they die.

Dave

06Crewcab

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
haven't checked the voltage yet as i just saw the code and i don't have the torx bits to get at the FICM right now. One guy at a diesel shop said if the FICM wasn't working right it could limit boost due to the injectors not operating properly. How long would it take for a healthy engine to crank and fire mine takes 2-3 secs and that seems normal to me but it does run kinda rough for the first 30 secs or so then it smooths out.

dmcvey_1999

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The limiting of boost is caused by the EGR delete. You stated you recently got an SCT? Did you have the custom tune done to ignore the EGR? If not, it will limit your boost to 20-21. I know this because prior to doing an actual EGR delete I simply unplugged the EGR valve and had the same symptoms. This was so I knew what to expect with the actual EGR delete. My buddy had the same boost numbers after his egr delete. With the custom tune he is back to 27 lbs. of boost.

06Crewcab

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yes i do have a custom tune on the truck from the SCT tuner but maybe i'll try to reflash it again just to make sure that doing the EGR delete isn't why i'm only seeing 20psi boost.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58