FICM or What?

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
I forgot that your trouble was oil leak,sorry. Apparently the bedplate can be removed from below without head removal? We've seen so many headgasket repairs that I was thinking this when I posted last. Perhaps the dealer is being fair with you. If you plan on increasing H.P./tunes in the future,are keeping your truck a long time,and you have the money; like Bama said,now's the time.

sticker500

SuperDuty Owner
Reaction score
Well as far as willingness to work with me, and be sensitive to any mods I have done, they seem very fair. I have has an SCT on the truck early on since about 12K miles. But I removed it months ago. I don't get on the truck or act stupid. It is a big grocery getter.

The truck has warranty and I will let them pull it back out or whatever if it needs them replaced. I just won't fork out 1500.00 to repair something that isn't broke when I essentially have "insurance" in the warranty.

Those studs seem hard to get right now too. Two people on Ebay list them, but neither have them in stock. They say ARP is making them as fast as they can. High demand.

I appreciate everyone's advice.

Last edited:

sticker500

SuperDuty Owner
Reaction score
Well, the saga continues in my favor I guess. The dealer called me today and turns out they discovered a head gasket failure while inspecting the engine while it was out, so I bought the ARP set, FedEx should deliver tomorrow.

So now the labor is on Ford!

Hopefully I will have it back Friday.

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
CONGRATULATIONS! You truly lucked out! Whether the dealership really found headgasket failure or are just creating work for themselves doesn't really matter because you're much better off w/ the studs,and that's what you wanted anyway,right? Now you can have more fun with less worry.

sticker500

SuperDuty Owner
Reaction score
Thanks! They said they could see the coolant on the back side of the engine. So far they have been very straight up. I went and delivered the bolts/studs today and they showed me the engine on the stand, and where it had oil/coolant leaking.

Still costs me 435.00 shipped for the studs, but I feel a sense of comfort with them.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14