FICM tuner

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
Got a ficm tuner from inovative diesel. It seems to make the drivability off idle to mid range more responsive. The mileage on the lie meter is 1.5 to 2 higher than it usually is so guess time will tell if it was a worthwile investment. The only problem installing it was low battery voltage the first time I tried. After hooking up a charger it loaded. What should my voltage be after a 15 minute drive with no lights drawing. I had 12.1 volts. Couple year old Ford batterys.

f100cleveland

Reaction score
I was wondering what it should be not running. I get 13.8 volts running. 12.1 volts didn't seem like it should be low for a 12 volt battery but the tuner said low voltage and wouldn't load tune.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
12 volts with no load is too low. Practically marginal in fact. A normal "12 volt" system is actually closer to 14 volts when the alternator is running. I think your batteries are on the way out. Load test them and if they are bad, replace them in pairs.

f100cleveland

Reaction score
Today after work batterys read 14.1 running and 12.1 right after I shut it off. Did a little checking and they should be 12.4 or more. Have a 36month free replacement on
ford oem batterys but I'm sure they will sock it to me to check and replace them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58