Fifth wheel trailer with lift kit

hammer450r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can i tow a fifth wheel with 6.5 inch lift with 38"? And can i tow a 13,000 pound fifth wheel?

Russ

Found On Russ' Drive
Reaction score
Your gonna have problems with the bed rail to 5er clearance issues. I do with my OBS with NO lift and my axles are flipped on my trailer.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I don't think it'll work with a 5'er. Fifth wheel trailers are designed to be towed with trucks with a somewhat standard bed and box height. Even stock Superduties have compatability issues with some 5th wheel trailers. You need to have at least 4" to 5" of clearance between the top of the bed and the bottom edge of the RV.

If you try to mate-up a fifth wheel and a truck that has a 6" lift kit, you will have problems:
1) The trailer will not be in a level towing position and will be in an excessively nose high attitude causing possible handling issues.
2) The angle will be severe enough that while you might have the required clearance of 4" to 5" at the mid point on the sides of the truck box, you will not have adequate clearance along the tailgate area.

You can have a 6" lift on your truck or you can have a 5th wheel RV, but you can't have both unless you put a " 6 inch lift kit" on the RV trailer also. But you don't even want to think about going there for safety reasons and verticle clearance issues.

Like the others have already recommended, go with a travel trailer.:sweet

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
You can have a 6" lift on your truck or you can have a 5th wheel RV, but you can't have both unless you put a " 6 inch lift kit" on the RV trailer also. But you don't even want to think about going there for safety reasons.

It would take more than that due to the larger tires on the truck.

Think Bumper pull :sweet

Reaction score
You could always take the truck higher and use a 5th wheel hook-up like this one:

P1010259.jpg

P1010266.jpg

P1010260.jpg

P1010256.jpg

CLICK ME

hammer450r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys I didnt think so.

But how much weight should i be able to pull safely?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl