filters

tom350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thanks alot guys. there is a wix filter progam at my auto store i go to i can get big discount on all wix filters

Jetpilot1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents, but when it comes to filters, only motorcraft for me. Aftermarket filters were responsible for part of the undeserved bad rep the 6.0 has. More than a few of the aftermarket oil filters were not made to spec and failed, killing the engine. WIX may be good, but I'll spend a couple extra bucks to protect the 15K engine. Ford actually put out a warning video (I think you can see it on youtube), warning 6.0 owners about aftermarket filters. The 6.0's lifeblood is oil, and I don't mess around in that area - too much risk, for too little reward.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
WIX makes the oil filter for Ford's diesel engines and Donaldson makes the air filters. Both Companies are top notch. I agree that not every company that makes filters is making quality filters. If in doubt, go with Motorcraft.

Dave

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
Filter Videos

That first video is right in many different ways, aftermarket parts in general not just filters can hurt a diesel, these engines are designed with precise tolerances everywhere vital to it's longevity. Good find Jetpilot1 but as for the guy from PowerstrokeHelp I don't see eye to eye with him on alot of topics but everyone is entitled to an opinion right? I use Fleetguard filters on my T444E but million of trucks that are fleet maintaned last forever running that brand, I feel safe after cutting open Ford filters and Fleetguard to check for any imperfections. And my oil analysis has shown no premature wear since I bought the truck so hey, stick with a good thing, If it works and works well why change it????

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg