Finally found my new truck!

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
I finally found the truck Ive been looking for! 2011 f350 Lariat 4x4 with every option besides the 5th wheel tow package with 130k on odometer for $30,000. It is a local NC truck with no rust and appears to be garage kept its whole life. The truck looks brand new inside and out besides a half in tear in the passenger seat. Carfax showed over 30 records for service. It has been to the ford dealership every 3-4k miles for oil change and services. No major problems at all. Im so glad the search is over!!!!!20160303_174755.jpg

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds and looks nice, why wouldn't they fix the seat for you before you got it? Hope you enjoy it for a long time.
Doug

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
Sounds and looks nice, why wouldn't they fix the seat for you before you got it? Hope you enjoy it for a long time.
Doug

I bought it from a private owner. The tear is small and I have a friend that does auto upholstery that Im going to take it to. I am planning on enjoying it for years to come! Im especially excited that camping season is here! 3 weeks and we are at the lake!

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You getting a new fifth wheel hitch or taking the old one out of your old truck?
Doug

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
You getting a new fifth wheel hitch or taking the old one out of your old truck?
Doug

I was going to ask about that. I bought one for my short bed F250 and it has the ability to slide back and forth. I don't need that ability now that I have the long bed. Can I simply just leave it locked in the normal position and use it on my new truck?

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's in good shape and you like it like it is I would go ahead and use it or try to sale it on Craig's list or ebay and buy a new one. The one I have in my 06 I got new in 1993 and it's been in two
other trucks. Each time I change trucks I buy all new bolts and go over the hitch real good and give it a good paint job, so it looks new and it's about time to do that again. If your going to
have a sprayed in bed liner done, do it first, then put the hitch in 48 or more hours later.
Doug

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
If it's in good shape and you like it like it is I would go ahead and use it or try to sale it on Craig's list or ebay and buy a new one. The one I have in my 06 I got new in 1993 and it's been in two
other trucks. Each time I change trucks I buy all new bolts and go over the hitch real good and give it a good paint job, so it looks new and it's about time to do that again. If your going to
have a sprayed in bed liner done, do it first, then put the hitch in 48 or more hours later.
Doug

The hitch is less than a year old and has only been used 3 or 4 times. Im going to keep it and save the money! The truck already has a spray in bed liner so I'm good on that. Thanks for the suggestions Doug!

troutwest66

6.0- The Dark Side!
Reaction score
Congrats! I just picked up my new truck Friday. 2004 F-250 4X4 Lariat crew long box. I know the struggle of looking.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58