Finally Sold My RV

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I FINALLY sold my 99 Dutchmen 5er. I guess God was looking out for me and the person who now owns it. A local minister stopped by a couple of weeks ago and asked if it was for sale. It was full of junk (used it for an additional storage shed) but I let him look in it. He said one of his church members was having to move and this would be perfect for her. She came by and looked at it (with all the junk inside) and liked it. We made a deal and she bought it (with the church's help). Last weekend, my neighbor across the street (who has a GMC Dually) pulled it to its new location, an RV park about 2 miles from here. I had to go over to it a day or so later because she couldn't get the water to run, and it was the regulator valve that was stopped up. Everything seemed to work, even after sitting in my driveway for several years. It's perfect for her and her little dog and I now have more room in my driveway. :)

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good deal, sounds like you helped out someone who needed a little help. God knows better than we do.
Doug

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a good thing. I sold my free travel trailer to a guy that was getting let go from his job, and need to get back to Mississippi but had no place to live for his family. I spent the day with them going through hook up to set up. They had never had a camper before so it was a good run through.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two refreshing acts.. of Kindness & Compassion. KUDO's to both of you.

Thanks for sharing.

Joe

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Yes, I FINALLY sold my 99 Dutchmen 5er. I guess God was looking out for me and the person who now owns it. A local minister stopped by a couple of weeks ago and asked if it was for sale. It was full of junk (used it for an additional storage shed) but I let him look in it. He said one of his church members was having to move and this would be perfect for her. She came by and looked at it (with all the junk inside) and liked it. We made a deal and she bought it (with the church's help). Last weekend, my neighbor across the street (who has a GMC Dually) pulled it to its new location, an RV park about 2 miles from here. I had to go over to it a day or so later because she couldn't get the water to run, and it was the regulator valve that was stopped up. Everything seemed to work, even after sitting in my driveway for several years. It's perfect for her and her little dog and I now have more room in my driveway. :)

A BIG thumbs up to both of you!! :thumbs

Dave

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I felt good about the sell. He had no problem paying what I was asking. I was going to keep the hitch but I let him have it, seamed to be the right thing to do at the time.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the first time in almost 19 years that we haven't had an RV. Started in June 1994 with a Starcraft Popup. When the tornado blew our house away in October 94 it was in the driveway next to the house and suffered minimal damage, in fact we spent that night in it. A couple of years later, we took it to Colorado on vacation with 5 people and quickly decided it was too small, so we got a 1996 Dutchmen fifth wheel, low profile, no slideout. In January 1999 we sold our house and moved into the RV, which quickly got way too small for my wife, me and two little dogs, so we got the 99 Dutchmen that I just sold. It still feels strange to look outside and see it gone, but I'm glad. Plus I had refinanced it a few years ago and still was paying for it, now don't have the note or the insurance payment.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife said something about the other camper being gone th other day. That it was funny not see it in the front yard next to the 5th wheel, yard does look empty now.....LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58