First 5r pull, first impressions.. with my new 6.7, 350 DRW 4X4

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's pleasure to drive this new 6.7.

Only a 130 mile pull but 2 6% grades, one short, one 3.5 mile one.. and a bunch of Tugger hills and flat runs in the mix.

62 Mph in Tow haul.. in the M mode. Dropped it into 5th (tryed 4th once.. didn't need it) for the pulls to bring the rpm's up around 2000 to 2400.. held 62 with ease.. had to back off due to some curves, and traffic (a Ricer), at the crests. According to the Info screen.. Trans temps were 180 to 200*. Oil temp was 203*.

Didn't hammer it at all, but made it stay with it ? Kept it in CC on the flats and rolling hills.. blew down the highway with absolute ease.

Punched up the MPG's (?).. 13.7 for the trip. Not To Shabby.. for a Stinky New.... Engine & Drive-train.. pull'n 12K ? :dunno

Still learning & play'n with it, but So Far........ I'm Like'n It. :D:D

Life Is Good ;tu;tu

Joe

Wife turned on the Heated Seat this AM.. She's Like'n It Too :innocent:sly

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Joe,

I don't think tow/haul does anything in Manual mode since you are the one doing the shifting. I normally tow in Drive and lock out the upper gears when needed. I use manual to force an upshift when I want to accelerate at the bottom of a grade. My truck seems to hold the low gear longer than I want once it starts auto downshifting.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe,

I don't think tow/haul does anything in Manual mode since you are the one doing the shifting. I normally tow in Drive and lock out the upper gears when needed. I use manual to force an upshift when I want to accelerate at the bottom of a grade. My truck seems to hold the low gear longer than I want once it starts auto downshifting.

Yep, thanks. I've figured that out. On the trip home today I kept it in Drive and used Manual only when I want to hold a gear.. a gear that the engine will hold the RPM and Speed in, whille pulling a grade. Works Very well. Probably be a bit soon to have, and post, a real valid opinion.. but so=far I'm really impressed with this 6.7 and this 6 speed automatic. The Whole truck, for that matter. Glad I made the move.

Joe

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep Doug.. the 3:73LS. JMO but I've always felt they're a good "split".. for rear-end gearing.. for Tow/Haul stuff of over 50% of a GCVWR ?

To each.. his/her own though.

Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg