First mods on my new 6.0 powerstoke

PowderStroke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Stopped by my local performance shop today and priced out an intake and exhaust, The guy behind the counter suggested a Magnaflow performance turbo back single 4 inch, and an afe stage 2 intake, prices seemed pretty reasonable (around $1200 CDN). Will these mods have me on my way to enjoying a little better miledge, as well as a louder turbo wistle? If anyone has used these products or could suggest something better, please let me know!! Thanks in advance -Nick

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Install GAUGES (egt & tranny) !

MBRP is the prefered exhaust, add the mbrp cat-test/delete pipe.

Save your money on the intake <the factory airfilter flows enough air to support 600ish hp...and nothing filters better> !

GO BIG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Install GAUGES (egt & tranny) !

MBRP is the prefered exhaust, add the mbrp cat-test/delete pipe.

Save your money on the intake <the factory airfilter flows enough air to support 600ish hp...and nothing filters better> !

x2 gagues then a programer :sly

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Gauges 1st, mbrp stainless turbo back better IMHO, zoo-dad mod will help it breath. If you go with an air-raid air filter you can stick the snout of the box thru the front firewall and get some real air. Also can get a pre-filter that covers the element. A little screen over the snout and your golden. Drops the egt's a little too. I have a Banks 6 gun tuner, but if I were doing it over I'd go with a Van Aiken smart box. One little piece of advice: If your gonna make it go, be sure it can stop. Adding all that power is fun, but a brake upgrade is in order if you start putting down some real power. Just my .02

PowderStroke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the advice fellas!! Think i might hold out on the intake, and just try this zoodad also i will begin to look for someone who carries this mrbp exhaust you have mentioned. As far as guages are concerned, i wont need to be to concerned about my egt's untill i decide to add a chip?? I beleive the edge i was looking at had a built in pyro probe anyways??

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the advice fellas!! Think i might hold out on the intake, and just try this zoodad also i will begin to look for someone who carries this mrbp exhaust you have mentioned. As far as guages are concerned, i wont need to be to concerned about my egt's untill i decide to add a chip?? I beleive the edge i was looking at had a built in pyro probe anyways??

EGT is arguably THE most important. You have a factory oil pressure gauge, but they are a joke. Trans. gauge from factory isn't alot better. Get EGT, trans temp, oil pressure, and boost. Throw in a volt-meter and you'll be able to tell when your glow plugs actually go out and what your alternator is up to. You should be able to get at least some of the gauges for what you were going to spend on the air-box. Not sure what you mean by "built in probe", gauge may be included, but probe still needs to be added. Either way, a manifold is getting drilled and tapped.

Last edited:

vailcomp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2005 PSD SD. I have the same exact set up- did not pickup any significant mileage- no programer- the truck runs real good-strong. If all you are doing this for is the mileage- don't waiste your money

PowderStroke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2005 PSD SD. I have the same exact set up- did not pickup any significant mileage- no programer- the truck runs real good-strong. If all you are doing this for is the mileage- don't waiste your money[/QU

Not just miledge, I would love it to bark, also the performance would be nice too, Do you have plans to add a programmer? I forget what diesel mag i read this in they did some shootout, and with the intake exhaust and chip they said the 6.0 would pick up about 2 mpg. Thanks for the info

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58