First Oil Change

fgtex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fumoto

Look into getting a Fumoto valve to make the oil changes easier to perform.

fgtex

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil changed....

I found that the oil filter that was in my truck from the factory was made in Germany. Whats up with that!!!!
Aftermarket parts sold me two oil filters (Donaldson) for $16.50 each and two fuel filter kits 1847170C92 for $29.11 each and the fuel valve 2589259C91 for $13.55

Those might not be the best prices, but at least I am set for awhile.
Kragen matched Costco's price of $7.99 per gallon of Dello 400 15/40 oil.
So first oil change at 3301 miles. Truck runs fine and no oil leaks, so far so good. I am not to keen on installing an oil drain valve, do to possible valve opening while driving down the road. 15 qts of oil on the ground and none in the engine, would not make our Powerstrokes happy.

Last edited:

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maxtor I had a Fumoto valve on my 94 Mustang GT and it never opened on it's own and it never leaked. The slide valve has a spring on it and it sits in a notch so it won't slide without pushing it down first.

The only thing I didn't like about the Fumoto valve is that is does not drain all of the oil from the oil pan. The threads that screw into your oil pan extend past the inside of the pan so you will have some oil left over in the pan. Probably not that much but to a perfectionist like me, I want to get every drop of dirty oil out!

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every drop

Yes I agree, it is very important specially if you change brands and weights of oil at a change to get all the old oil out. I find that the stock oil drain plug is just fine, and is in a great location to drain without splashing oil on the chassis or ground. I have a 97 explorer that when you remove the plug it pours on the crossmember. My 4x4 has plenty of room to put a 5 gallon pail under the oil pan, so removing the oil is clean and quick. No need for a valve. So far so good with my truck. Continental tires are holding up, so right now I do not have anything negative to say about my truck. Starts right up, runs strong, good mileage, no drips, no turbo problems, everything fine as of 3301 miles. :thumbs

ultide

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I would go 30,000 miles every part is in their groove by then. Then go synthetic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14