First post starting problem

Seth89

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So here’s the deal I have 14 f350 6.7l. The truck intermittently won’t start. When I say it won’t start I don’t mean it will crank but not turn over. When I try to start it will do one single click and that’s all. The batterie seem to be fine, however when I put jumper cables on it will start. Another strange thing is anytime I try to use remote start it will not start with the key after. And it’s the same thing one click and nothin. I assume the batteries are bad. But it’s strange symptoms.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SSD! There does not seem to be too many folks here these days. I posted just before Christmas and you are the first member I have communicated with. Back to your problem. Your batteries are 9 years old and that is too much time for diesel batteries. You have heavy loads on the batteries when starting in Winter. There are heaters and heavy cranking amp loads that KILL batteries much sooner than 9 years. I would not mess around with anything else until you get your truck running. Go get some of the same series batteries from a GOOD auto parts store. DON"T cheap out on batteries. Get the proper series of batteries and have them installed by someone who knows electrical.

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen much of this ..........:haha (fortunately)!

Didn't know that oilburners.net was a sister site. Good to know!

Last edited:

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it is too bad that this 6.7L sub forum isn't active.

Fortunately there are still a couple of active 6.0L forums around for us die-hards!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64