first real test with my truck

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, we finally got some good snow this weekend and I got to try out my new truck and plow setup. I primarily plow residential streets in developments that dont want to large heavy duty rigs and commercial lots. My truck isn't really setup for residential driveways since its so long. I got a new western 8' steel blade setup. I believe the blade weighs 791lbs and figured with the mount and hydraulics its about a 900 to a 1000lbs. This truck has a ton of power and i ran it for 17 hours straight with no problems at all. it took all the crap I could throw at it and then some. I figured my fuel mpg was around 10.5 to 11.5 the whole time. I will try and post some action photos soon. so far I love the truck, miss my vette but with a baby on the way the family truckster was the way to go.

HTRDDSL

HTRDDSL
Reaction score
Well, we finally got some good snow this weekend and I got to try out my new truck and plow setup. I primarily plow residential streets in developments that dont want to large heavy duty rigs and commercial lots. My truck isn't really setup for residential driveways since its so long. I got a new western 8' steel blade setup. I believe the blade weighs 791lbs and figured with the mount and hydraulics its about a 900 to a 1000lbs. This truck has a ton of power and i ran it for 17 hours straight with no problems at all. it took all the crap I could throw at it and then some. I figured my fuel mpg was around 10.5 to 11.5 the whole time. I will try and post some action photos soon. so far I love the truck, miss my vette but with a baby on the way the family truckster was the way to go.

These trucks are turning out to be real workaholics. Great to see it's performing well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14