First Ride?

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
I saw tz07uli's new baby post and I commented on letting us know when his new baby boy took his first ride in the superduty so I figured I would just ask the sdd community when they took there first ride or drive in a superduty or truck or whatever.....

I can't remember my first actual ride but I do remember being 9 years old and my dad letting me drive his 95 dually (still in the family and running strong.. I posted pics of it on here somewhere showing off the dump bed??) on the county road a couple miles from our house... at this point i had driven quite a bit around the farm for misc. things and such but never on the blacktop.... the truck is a 5 speed with a smaller chip and it was straight-piped so i was living the dream rolling through the gears... from that point on I was hooked on powerstrokes!

lets hear your story??

I found a pic of the truck

Last edited:

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
My first ride was when my Dad told me we were gonna go buy the truck I have now, as far as a superduty goes.

I actually took my first ride in a diesel of anykind at the age of 6 months in a cabover headed to Chicago. I was told I was quite comfortable falling asleep on the dog house.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
My first ride was when my Dad told me we were gonna go buy the truck I have now, as far as a superduty goes.

I actually took my first ride in a diesel of anykind at the age of 6 months in a cabover headed to Chicago. I was told I was quite comfortable falling asleep on the dog house.

nice... nothing like that first diesel experience.

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
my first memory of riding in a superduty was when i was in the 7th grade...my dads friend had/has a crew cab obs powerstroke diesel and we were on a hunting trip in south tx and we got stuck and had to go get the tractor to pull us out then the tractor got stuck in the same spot we had just gotten out of and we had to pull him out it was great haha....thank God dairy queen was open late

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
In about March of last year when I got serious about finding a diesel. I thought it would be a good idea to take the wife for a ride in diesel truck since she had not ever been in one before so I asked my friend that owns the local Ford dealer if I can take my wife for a ride in an 08 Powerstroke and we were hooked from that point on. In fact the truck that I drove got sold to the guy who traded in the truck I am driving now.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I was driving my Big Rig Diesel way before the Super Dutys came out. It wasn't until 1993 that I bought my first Diesel pickem up truck. Very glad I did!

Dave

ford7379trucks

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
in 2002 i worked at a ford dealership. they bought a v10 4x4 plow truck. that thing would drag junk cars like it was nothing. i would put it in 4x4low and just about idle up hills dragging 4000lb cars.

BIG DUTY

F-250 Care Taker
Reaction score
My first drive was in a '99 f-550 with a stake bed on back. It had the 7.3 like my truck. It was a loner from my brothers work, and we drove it from san diego to the glamis dunes. Great weekend and i loved the truck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14