First sign of a problem with the Big Dog

s d mills

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Usual drill after work yesterday morning: Started it, proceeded to load my gear, and then took off after fast idle kicked in. Wouldn't accelerate and wasn't initially alarmed....sometimes does that for a few seconds. This time, it wouldn't accelerate beyond 2K rpm and after pulling out on the highway it wouldn't pull and decelerated in OD. I had to pull off into the breakdown lane to let traffic pass.

After a minute of idling, I pulled back out onto the highway and after shifting into third gear everything was okay. It sat all day yesterday while I did yard work and chores....kind of wondering what to expect out of it this morning.

Is my accelerator crapola thingie giving up the ghost?

TurboTy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does it make no boost either? mine does that sometimes, u pull out onto the road and it feels like a slug, makes no boost and doesnt go much farther than 2k rpm, i believe its the exhaust backpressure valve in mine...could be in yours? i'm sure eomeone else will have some good ideas, hope this helps a little

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You might try to re-boot your truck if this happens again. Turn it off for a minute and restart it, and your problem may go away.

Dave

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58