First tank is through and

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've noticed it's a lot quieter at speed. It doesn't seem to idle as loud as before but I can't really tell. The exhaust doens't smell like #2 and I seem to hungry for chinese more now... anyway

I'm sold. I'm not sure what the mix will be this winter cause they're selling B99 at the moment. It doesn't get that cold here so I'm hoping this will get me through. I need to talk to the dealer some more but I won't go back :thumbs

Ron

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Rookie said:
I've noticed it's a lot quieter at speed. It doesn't seem to idle as loud as before but I can't really tell. The exhaust doens't smell like #2 and I seem to hungry for chinese more now... anyway

Ron
Took the words out of my mouth Ron:sweet
Another improvement we noticed was shutting down the engine at the fast food drive thru is no longer required:D

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
Another improvement we noticed was shutting down the engine at the fast food drive thru is no longer required:D
Bill have you ever noticed that in the bigger towns, the kids at drive thru will ask you to turn off the engine, but in the smaller rural towns, they don't? Either they're nicer kids, or there are more diesels or both.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
The last time I recall being asking to shut off the engine musta been with our 99 F250 :D The Excursion out of the box is way more quiet than the 99 but with the WVO or BIO added can cause the engine to be too quiet at times:roflmao

I get your point tho,must be a in the country thing:sweet

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
02SilverStroke said:
Bill have you ever noticed that in the bigger towns, the kids at drive thru will ask you to turn off the engine, but in the smaller rural towns, they don't? Either they're nicer kids, or there are more diesels or both.

When I'm at a drive thru I'm asked to turn it off so they can hear my order...and that's with the quieter WVO & B100.
lol.gif
:D

smokin_stroker00

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
If they ask you to turn off your engine tell them to speak up you can't hear them something must be wrong with their speaker system

smokin_stroker00

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Rookie said:

I'm sold. I'm not sure what the mix will be this winter cause they're selling B99 at the moment. It doesn't get that cold here so I'm hoping this will get me through. I need to talk to the dealer some more but I won't go back :thumbs

Ron
If it gets down below 40 degres you better run a b20 or it won't start.

Had around a b 40-50 mix last fall pulled the truck out of the garage let it sit for a while and would start until I warmed it back up.

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping they'll change the mix for the winter. It doesn't get that cold here but 40 is about the average from November to July...and I've pulled the fuel heater cause it was broken. Guess I should get it fixed.

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
Rookie said:
I'm hoping they'll change the mix for the winter. It doesn't get that cold here but 40 is about the average from November to July...and I've pulled the fuel heater cause it was broken. Guess I should get it fixed.

Fuel heater won't help much with bio, as the thermostat where it connects to the bowl kicks in around 30. I'm planning to look into a mod for this to have it kick on below 70 or so, but haven't got to it yet...

That will only help with the filter though. You'd still want to use the block heater and heat the tank and lines for high bio percentages in cold weather

Ragdude

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Rookie said:

... I'm sold. :thumbs

Ron
sooo true, now running down the highway I hear tire/road noise instead of diesel clatter. plus I think mine idles smoother now too :burnit

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14