Newbie First time diesel owner

Wranglerkenny

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to say Hi! Last week I bought a 2006 F-250 Super Duty XLT regular cab with a 6.0. This is the first diesel highway vehicle I've owned. Several tractors and combines, but no trucks. After one week of ownership, I'm impressed. I pull a 26' travel trailer and an 18' car hauler with my rock crawler Jeep. I haven't had a chance to hook up to the travel trailer yet, but I pulled my Jeep yesterday and didn't even know it was there.

While I'm not interested in going crazy with performance mods on the engine, I would like to know more about programmers so I can get the HP I need while pulling, but still get economy when not pulling. This truck is my daily driver. I drive about 32 miles each way to work, all highway miles.

Looking forward to learning more on this forum.

Kenny

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Welcome Kenny, glad to have you with us. Modding the 6.0 is a tenuous task. The untapped HP under the hood is impressive but one has to be careful with it. Contrary to what the others tell you though, the Cummins and Duramax are finicky about tuners as well. So its something that you can do and do easily but do it knowing that there may be issues that crop up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim