Fishin' for a chip

VinceJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How can I make sure my '04 PSD is not chipped before I take it in for service? Can someone confirm for me where these are installed? Pics would be great.

(This seems like it would be a comon question for PSD newbies like me, but my searches did not yield any good results.) :dunno

SeeYa

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
A 2003 1/2 and up 6.0 can not be chipped via the PCM any longer. You use a programmer via the OBDII port located directly under the stirring colume of the dash. The 6.0 no longer has the J3 port like the 7.3 PCM's did. Unless you live in Austrialia. Where they still use the 7.3 engine's.

Reaction score
VinceJE said:
How can I make sure my '04 PSD is not chipped before I take it in for service? Can someone confirm for me where these are installed? Pics would be great.

(This seems like it would be a comon question for PSD newbies like me, but my searches did not yield any good results.) :dunno

On the o4 you have a couple of choices. One would be a programmer - and hopefully no one would sell a truck with a program in it. Next would be a box. If you have one there should be a switch mounted somewhere. Removing your drivers side battery cover to get to your PCM - look at the three wire bundles - they should not run to any added extra box or anything. Also look at your ICP - the connector should run directly to it and not have any coupling in between.

You could also check your injector box on the drivers side valve cover area - all wires again should run just straight in - nothing in between. Hope this helps some.

I would hope again that no one would sell a truck chipped.

Ron

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14