Fixed stalling problem

stachiestach

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well guys thanks to all your help I took your guys' advice and replaced my CPS a couple months back. I feel kinda bad that i haven't been on to say thanks. Well the truck was running great, shifting better, and not stalling anymore. Unfortunately two days ago i degreased my engine and sure enough after starting it up it died again. On the way home, only a couple of blocks away, it died about a dozen times. I got it home and used my evolution to scan it for codes. To no surprise code P0344 and P0340 popped up. Tomorrow i am going to check my connectors from my CPS to my juice wiring harness and see if that works. If not, I guess I will be ordering another CPS from powerstroke shop. If you guys think I should be ordering another one let me know.

Thanks a bunch,
Steve

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
stachiestach said:
Unfortunately two days ago i degreased my engine and sure enough after starting it up it died again. On the way home, only a couple of blocks away, it died about a dozen times.
Probably water in a connector. The PSD does not like being hosed off especially with a pressure washer. Simple green and a rag works much better than water. You can use a low pressure garden hose with the simple green as long as you stay away from the electronics. With you saying "on the way home" I am assuming you used a coin operated car wash? If so that is bad for the engine..

stachiestach

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
yeah well the power washing place i went to had a degrease mode and it was super low pressure, which was actually less pressure than a garden hose. But apparently I will be using a rag and some cleaner next time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14