flashing airbag dash light

black_cloud_stroker00

GO BIG RED!!!
Reaction score
Yesterday I took the dash off and had to disconnect everything including the "passenger side airbag on/off" switch. Since then the dash airbag light has been flashing at me. It flashes twice, pauses, then falshes Seven times. I tried disconnecting the batteries for an hour, but that didn't help.

Any Ideas?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
well, it's flashing fault code "27" which I have no clue what it is

I suppose I could look when I get to the shop, but it would be 9pm before I'm back with an answer...

what I'd do in the meantime, is make sure everything is plugged back together, no bent pins puched back out of connectors, etc.

disconnect the batteries before you do this, or you might wear one of the airbags.

action4478

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the passenger ide air bag light working ?... thats what the code points to....

black_cloud_stroker00

GO BIG RED!!!
Reaction score
Can you put the old switch in, even if it is not visible?....

There is no old switch, it's the one I had the whole time. The new dash didn't have a spot for it, so I tucked it behind the dash.

i took the switch apart and the bulb is burnt out, like the code says. No luck with a used switch at the junk yard. And I don't have a soldering iron to replace the bulb. Guess i'll buy a iron or a switch.

FYI, pulling the airbag light bulb from the instrument panel does NOT work. The truck just starts dinging at you, and that is much harder to ignore.

action4478

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dinging is a safety item also....to let you know the light is not working, which you (already know)....the light is the lesser of two evils....

You can cover the light with tape....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14