floor board thump!!

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
hey guys-
now that old man winter decided to visit our state i've had to turn on the heat and since doing so at stop lights of before pulling out of a parking spot i get a loud (today really loud) slapping sound under the floor boards (more specifically the passenger side). sounds like a someone hitting it w/ a baseball bat. anyone got any clues???:dunno

Reaction score
Red,

I can't be for sure, but I seem to remember some posts referencing the heater with a vacuum door?:dunno I believe that is what you are hearing. Hopefully, one of the guys can be more detailed as to what causes it.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
yeah, i seem to remember hearing about that too, but i don't remember it last year and it definately never did it ALL winter. i gots no clue...

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have heard it also. It is the heater door being actuated by vacumm. I think it diverts to the Floor, or something like it. Normal.

Dave

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
yes it actually sounds like a flap closing by vacuum. like i said, it never did it ALL winter, and i don't remember it doing it at all last year. so will it stop or do i have an issue. this morning it was really bad loud, the passenger floor board must have a hole in it now...:D

DiscountPowerParts

SUPPORTING VENDOR
Reaction score
Hopefully thats all it is, my partner Larry has a 2000 Excursion and the floor under the drivers pedals tin cans! If your pulling into a lot and putting a bind on the chassis it does it....real loud sometimes. His Excursion at one time was 23 inches taller than it is now. I dont know if that is why its doing it now or not. Glad its not mine lol.
222-2.jpg

That is larrys X before he owned it.:eek:
Now its back to stock hite and is a kid and azz hauler!

essexjet

Lost
Reaction score
mjstef said:
Mine thumps hard every time the A/C compressor kicks on..........
Mine does the exact same thing. I notice it more when I turn off the truck with the A/C still on and then turn it on with the A/C on.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
don't run w/ the a/c on. i use 4-80 air.... only just noticed it once it turned cold and i turned on the heat. today, no different. i thought a troll was under the floor trying to get in...-mad

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58