Flu is going around here on the left coast.

RenoF250

DungBeetle
Reaction score
We had some nasty colds here. Wife and son got stomach bugs as well. Our heads are still plugged up. Hopefully that is the end of it for us.

bgirls

lacky
Reaction score
not the flu but... on the 6th we took our 6 year old to the doc, fever, cough, tummy, did a rapid strep test and was negitive. home from school with mom. fever spiking to 102 and treat with advil will drop to 100 but no lower. giving prescrib cough meds left over from older daughter. went down hill over the weekend, back to the doc on the 11th. another strep test is negitive. sent directly to the ER for blood work and xrays. xray shows lower lobe of left lung full of pneumimonia. doc calls hospital to have them i.v. fluids and an adult dose of rosephin. hospital calls tuesday morning saying that she is culturing strep in her blood. she finally returned to school on the 21st. strep never did show in the 2 rapid strep tests at the lab 2 days later.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to a friend today, who's wife is a local teacher. One day last week, she had a class of seven children. All the rest of them where home sick. Normal class size is 28 children.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Feel'n any better Max... Hope So !! Mrs Max Too !!

Last edited:

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lloyd, sure hope you two are doing better, it takes some time to get over this stuff.
To the rest of you guys also, get well soon.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I talked to a friend today, who's wife is a local teacher. One day last week, she had a class of seven children. All the rest of them where home sick. Normal class size is 28 children.

Wow, thats not good. Here in MI if they don't have something like 70% attendence, they can't count it as a day that school is in session. Then they have to extend the school year a day to make it up.

Get better soon.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys...

Today is the first day that we think we have a 50/50 chance of surviving.:thanks1
I was sure that Bama ran over us with his Peterbuilt a couple of times. :dizzy:wflag
At least we are now on the mend. This flu has been very hard on the young and the old.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys...

Today is the first day that we think we have a 50/50 chance of surviving.:thanks1
I was sure that Bama ran over us with his Peterbuilt a couple of times. :dizzy:wflag
At least we are now on the mend. This flu has been very hard on the young and the old.

GOOD TO HEAR MAX ;tu

Our local hospitals had to set up Tents outside the Emergency rooms to handle Flu cases... Wife sez better than half of her co-workers are out with it.

Got our Flu shots.. hope it works for us. We'll See I guess.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you believe that this flu bug is still hanging on. It has been 15 days since we got sick, and we are 95% over it, but still have lingering symptoms. I think we should buy stock in Kleenex.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58