Question Fog Light Tricks (request)

i-Henry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of any hacks to enable the use of fog lights for driving lights?
Also, anyone know where I can find high output replacements for the FORD lights?

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
think he means.. running just fog lights no parking lights or anything. not sure though

dennisj2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run my fog lights without the headlights, The switch was broken when I bought the truck it will pull out and turn them on by them selfs.
as for the diff bulbs the parts stores should have diff ones.
Oh yea the cops dont like just the fog lights on, Dont ask how I know.

Last edited:

JRJ04

Reaction score
on my truck, if you have the lights switched to auto and have the fog lights turned on, they will stay one regardless if the lights are on or not.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
sometime in 03 the headlight switch was changed internally to prevent the fogs from being ON without the other lights if you had the auto setting.
I miss it
my 02 i ran the fogs as DRL all the time.
your asking some hard brain questions about bulbs, i changed my fog bulbs out with HIGH beam bulbs of a higher wattage, but for the life of me i cant find the number, I think autozone has a bulb fit chart thing to guide you
i will go poke around the garage and see if i can find the numbers later today
ther eis also a way to keep teh fogs on with your high beams selected, steve racer mod is the common name, it to i will have to dig up
but it changes a ground path on a relay to keep em on, takes about 5 minutes to do the mod.

atk

Reaction score
your asking some hard brain questions about bulbs, i changed my fog bulbs out with HIGH beam bulbs of a higher wattage, but for the life of me i cant find the number.

it is either 9005 or 9006 bulbs that will work. i got silverstars in mine....hope this helps

tomcatin63

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Be careful what you do with any factory wiring in your truck! My brother has a 2004 and added marker lights to the running boards below cab and next thing you know were taking the fuse panel out , tracing wires, continuity tests, and after about a day and a half in the shop, we finally found a burnt wire in behind the light switch. Apparently, the wire harness is not designed to handle anything other than factory loads or draws. The gauge of the wires on the newer vehicles are very delicate. I wish you the best but just don't want you to go through the same thing we had to go through. Nothing like hanging upside down under dash for hours at a time. LOL. You kinda understand where I'm coming from? Anyway, God bless and the best of luck, Tom

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be careful what you do with any factory wiring in your truck! My brother has a 2004 and added marker lights to the running boards below cab and next thing you know were taking the fuse panel out , tracing wires, continuity tests, and after about a day and a half in the shop, we finally found a burnt wire in behind the light switch. Apparently, the wire harness is not designed to handle anything other than factory loads or draws. The gauge of the wires on the newer vehicles are very delicate. I wish you the best but just don't want you to go through the same thing we had to go through. Nothing like hanging upside down under dash for hours at a time. LOL. You kinda understand where I'm coming from? Anyway, God bless and the best of luck, Tom

Thats why you put them on a relay, powering the relay with the light switch. But we all know this righhhttt......;tu

i-Henry there is it has something to do with undoing a ground wire. I see if I can find it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58