Question Fog Light Tricks (request)

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
S&S Diversified

i finally found it

i knew it was buried somewhere, and it does work on 06 models. ;tu
when your done
email steve and tell him thanks, he has some great stuff for our trucks, with little thank you

Jimn8or

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You could always just use upfitter switch number 1, hooked to Piaa 4100's in the same spot as the factory fogs. Easy as hell and will be at your control once the key is in the 'RUN' position.
My $0.02, back under my rock:D
Jim

i-Henry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be careful what you do with any factory wiring in your truck! My brother has a 2004 and added marker lights to the running boards below cab and next thing you know were taking the fuse panel out , tracing wires, continuity tests, and after about a day and a half in the shop, we finally found a burnt wire in behind the light switch. Apparently, the wire harness is not designed to handle anything other than factory loads or draws. The gauge of the wires on the newer vehicles are very delicate. I wish you the best but just don't want you to go through the same thing we had to go through. Nothing like hanging upside down under dash for hours at a time. LOL. You kinda understand where I'm coming from? Anyway, God bless and the best of luck, Tom

The factory fog lamps run off a relay I believe and if they don't I'll be installing one when I change out the bulbs. I experienced burn switches once before and it's no fun. The almost always burn out at night (because thats when the loads high) and leave you stranded. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64