foggy gauges

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
hey guys and gals... i was wondering if anyone has a problem with there gauges fogging up in the mornings? mine fog up sometimes...
is this normal or no?

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. there getting condensation in them from outside keep the window up :tounge or you have a leak in the truck. Check the floor for water maybe your A/C leaking on the inside. My jeep does this.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
try some of that anti-fog stuff they sell for eyeglasses...

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
I have a small open hold where the wires are running through to the engine... but I wouldn't think that would be enough to cause them to fog up... and my gauges are set up with trans on bottom... boost in the middle... and pyro on top.. the boost gauge is always the worst.. the trans has a little and the pyro is fine... so im wondering if it has to do with my boost vaccum line?? but they all are still working great...

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
you could take the guages out, and put them in a sealed container full of dried white/brown rice. if water is getting in, the fix wont last long.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
you could take the guages out, and put them in a sealed container full of dried white/brown rice. if water is getting in, the fix wont last long.

you can use the same fix on a cell phone... open it, take the battery out, and in a bag of white rice..

I have a small open hold where the wires are running through to the engine... but I wouldn't think that would be enough to cause them to fog up... and my gauges are set up with trans on bottom... boost in the middle... and pyro on top.. the boost gauge is always the worst.. the trans has a little and the pyro is fine... so im wondering if it has to do with my boost vaccum line?? but they all are still working great...

Oh yeah..
use some butyl tape or silicone something and seal that hole.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Let me guess..........Autometer gauges.

Tbar

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Autometer gauges and dont have the problem at all. Call and talk to Summit or Autometer and see what they have to say about it. They may have a fix for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14