Foglamps

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You may want to get a boost guage if you do any towing, chipped or not. You can get the temps up there even stock.

Dave

Invader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oil Gauges installed

Have fun with the oil pressure guage. I did mine, just got so pissed off at it that I was gonna adapt something that would work and look ok as well, Took 6 hours not to mention the trips to the store. The OP will be the most difficult of the bunch to install out of all the gauges, except maybe a pyro.

Jon

strokin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i was just wondering where you tapped in for your oil gauge? Couldn't you tap into the oil test port or even the exsisting switch that's already their?

strokin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
That's what i was thinking about, but i didn't know if i wanted to put all of that stress on a brass "T". And to get the EGT sensor in the manifold, you take the manifold off right, to ensure no metal peices are floating around. And if so do you need a new gasket for the manifold?

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
if you drill the manifold SLOW and start with a little bit then work your way up to the right sized hole and coat the bit with grease, and since its cast iron you need to drill just fast enough to make nice thread shavings, they get HOT to so watch your occular orbits
then tap it and also coat the tap with grease, go slow 1/2 to 3/4 turn then back out and start over. time is your friend. speed KILLS
then get the shop vac and suck out the hole for good measure

Invader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil gauge

You "can use the oil test port" , have fun doing it, on an 03 you have dismantle the EGR cooler to get at it, then you have to get a sending unit in there. Best way is to take off intake hose to turbo. Then take out the EOT sensor behind the Oil filter housing, "T" into it, have your sending unit pointing toward the CAC tube. There is just enough room to do it if you think ahead a bit and get some parts. not too many. It also does not rub or touch anything. Best of all she don't leak. As far as I know the oil pressure switch, the stock one, is just an idiot switch. Above 7psi the guage will switch to the " normal" zone. With 15w40 at start up I've had 100psi, and down to 12 psi at warm idle. 10w30 I have 75 psi start and 10 at idle. 65 and 52 psi respectively at highway speed.

strokin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thanks alot. this sounds like it's going to be the best way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl